Who doesn’t need clear, glowing and flawless skin, almost all of us try to make our skin healthy and clearer? We use many chemical-based products available in market but we don’t have time to use herbal remedies which we can prepare by own. Ayurveda practices the age-old way of using kitchen ingredients and herbs to cure skin ailments.
Here we are discussing some home remedies and some tips on how you could manage your skin ailments and make it natural glow.
6 Ayurvedic Beauty Tips
1. Eat fresh:- Fresh fruits and vegetables have powerful antioxidants which help to fight free radicals of the body. Free radicals, pollution, sunlight and smoking can cause wrinkles and age spots. Fruits and veggies containing antioxidant vitamins aid in the production of collagen (the protein that keeps skin smooth and supple), and may help your liver naturally detoxify to prevent breakouts on your skin.
Citrus fruits and vegetables have a lot of Vitamin C in them which act as an antioxidant and thus fight free radicals of the body. Vitamin C-rich diet such as Lemons, Indian gooseberry, Oranges, Strawberries, blueberries, papaya, Avocados, Guava, Beetroot, etc is rich sources.
Vit C due to its antioxidant effect reduces fine lines, skin blemishes and enhances the healing process.
Zinc is also very necessary for healthy skin, it keeps the skin soft and helps in repairing. Foods rich in Zinc are whole grains, seeds and nuts, etc.
2. Stay hydrated:- We all know how much water is essential for our body, skin. Dehydration makes your skin look dry, tired. It needs moisture to stay healthy and flexible. And what can be more beneficial than water? Externally we can apply many products but our skin needs internal moisture so drink enough water to maintain a good hydration level.
3. Stressless:- Everybody feels stressed from time to time, it can have serious consequences on your skin & overall health. Stress can lead to dry skin, wrinkles, acne and many more skin breakouts. The hormones that body releases when a person feel stress can lead to physiological changes that negatively impact skin.
So how to cope up with stress-
Daily pranayama & yoga exercises can be very beneficial for persons struggling with stress, anxiety issues.
Breathing exercises had a positive impact on the skin as well as overall health. Breathing calms mind and removes all the negativities. It provides a natural shine to the face.
4. Avoid junk & packed food items:– Processed food items are really harmful for the health. They can lead to various issues. For example- Refined sugar releases the hormone insulin, which regulates your blood sugar by transporting sugar into your cells. As refined sugar digests rapidly, the body releases large amounts of insulin to cope up with bringing sugar into cells.
Rapid insulin spikes can trigger the production of sebum (oil), which can clog pores and form pimples, whiteheads, and blackheads. These clogges pores further lead to acne. Most fast food items are deep-fried in refined vegetable oils, which are loaded with trans-fats, they can aggravate skin conditions because they are extremely high in omega-6 essential fatty acids.
Acne and inflammation are a sign of excess heat in the body — and therefore, eating spicy foods, which have warming properties should be avoided. Like eating too many chilies, spices, hot -sour sauces etc.
Hence it’s advised to avoid processed food items.
5. Exercise daily:- Exercise helps keep skin healthy, as practicing exercise leads to excessive sweating it opens up the pores of the skin hence clears out the toxins in form of sweat. For healthy glowing skin toxins need to be clear out and what can be better than having good exercise which will lead to excessive sweating.
During exercise, the heart rate increases and improves blood circulation, which helps to deliver oxygen and nutrients to the skin. Oxygen and nutrients promote the development of collagen to prevent skin sagging and regenerates new skin cells to keep the skin glowing and exfoliating properly.
So what you are waiting for, pull up your socks & have a great session of exercise.
6. Sunscreen:- Protect your skin from the sun Harmful UV rays of the sun can damage your skin & can lead to sunburn-like conditions. It is always advised to apply sunscreen on your skin whenever you go out. Sunscreen minimizes the penetration of UV rays into the skin can then triggering a variety of skin disorders, Even the mildest of sunburns can have damaging effects in your skin, Essential proteins in the skin are protected when sunscreen is applied. These proteins are primarily responsible for keeping the skin smooth and healthy.
We all buy a sunscreen with a particular SPF, but wait what is SPF?
Sun Protection Factor(SPF) is a measure of how well the sunscreen absorbs or blocks the sun’s rays. Daily sunscreens should be moisturizing broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. The key factor about sunscreen is that it is the most important skincare product you can ever use.