8 Tips to Stay Healthy this Summer
Who likes the excessive burning heat of summers. We can’t stop summers from arriving but we can definitely prevent us from this scrotching heat and stay cool and healthy.
Here we have discussed some points on how to stay cool and healthy this summer.
8 Tips to Stay Healthy this Summer
1.Eat healthy and light
In summer we cannot digest heavy meals as the agni of our body is minimum. So in summers have light food such as soups, Salad should be included in your diet. And the water intake should be Maximum.
2.Treat your eyes well
Due to high temperature and excessive pollution eyes are prone to several infections. Sometimes there may be a burning sensation, conjunctivitis, itching, swelling, etc. So it becomes necessary to take care of your eyes during summers.
- Wear sunglasses whenever you go out
- Try to have 7-8 hours of sleep.
- Keep cucumber slices on your eyes.
- Take enough protein.
- Take green leafy vegetables.
3. Avoid alcohol and caffeine
Alcohol can cause dehydration because it decreases the production of Anti-diuretic hormone which is used by the body to absorb water.
- And it’s very important to stay hydrated during summers as most of the water is lost from the body in form of sweat.
- Caffeine and caffeinated drinks cause dehydration in limited amount caffeine | coffee doesn’t cause dehydration but excessive caffeine products can cause dehydration.
Read Also: 10 Tips to Help You Lose Weight
4. Drink plenty of water
Due to increased temperature in summers, the body perspires and water is lost in the form of sweat. So to maintain this level excessive water intake in any form either fruits, soups, vegetables or anything else should be consumed.
Don’t drink excessive chilled water or cold drinks normal water is enough to maintain hydration level.
5. Stay indoors
- Harmful UV rays of the sun affect the body, Skin.
- Excessive radiation causes sunburn.
- Excessive heat dehydrates the body.
- So it’s advised to stay indoors.
6. Avoid oily spicy food
As previously discussed, in summers our digestive fire is less as compared to winters. So oily, spicy and heavy meals should be avoided.
- Oily, spicy food also leads to acidity and bloating conditions.
- Oily foods can further lead to increased cholesterol levels heart conditions, obesity and many more health conditions.
7. Enrich your diet with fresh
Summer food eat lot of fresh fruits during summers especially rich in water content such as watermelons, Musk melons, citrus fruits, lemons.
- Watermelon contains almost 90% of water content which is very much enough for our body to remain hydrated.
- Cucumber is highly fibrous and has a lot of water content in it.
- Coconut water is loaded with essential vitamins, minerals and various nutrients. It also has cooling effects on the body. So coconut water should be consumed during summers.
8. Give yourself the much-needed
- Mangoes have high iron content; it’s a very refreshing fruit during summers.
- Salads are rich in water content. It helps in mending dry skin by strengthening the skin against harmful UV rays of the sun.
- Citrus fruits like oranges, limes could be very beneficial. Vit C is very necessary for our body and we can naturally get Vit C from these citrus fruits.
- Mint which is widely used in Indian chutneys has a very refreshing and cool taste. It’s a very inexpensive herb almost available everywhere.
Hence by following these steps we can stay hydrated during summers and protect ourselves from the harmful UV rays of the sun.